Newest Oil Plant Attack Reveals 'Zero Secure Places in the Russian Deep Rear'
Ukraine's UAVs have struck Russia's Bashneft processing plant in the city of Ufa, situated some 1,400 kilometres from Ukraine, causing blasts and a fire, per a source in Ukraine's intelligence agency.
This constitutes the 3rd intelligence long-range attack in the region in the last month. Those attacks demonstrate that there are no safe places in the distant backlines of the Russian Federation.
Zelenskyy Appeals to Trump to Facilitate Ceasefire in Ukraine
President Zelenskyy called on President Trump to broker peace in the Ukrainian conflict during a phone call on Saturday.
"When a war can be halted in one region, then certainly additional conflicts can be halted as well, encompassing the Russian war," Zelenskyy remarked, commending the US President's "remarkable" Gaza peace initiative and urging the US president to influence the Russian government into negotiations.
Moscow's Strikes Take Casualties in the Country
Moscow's assaults on Ukraine claimed the lives of five people on Saturday and cut power to sections of the southern Odesa oblast, according to local sources.
Two people lost their lives inside a church in Kostyantynivka when it was targeted, according to regional officials.
In the Russian border region of Belgorod, a lorry operator was killed by a attack from Ukraine, per local officials.
Electricity Recovery Efforts in the Capital
Work carried on on Saturday to repair energy infrastructure in Kyiv, after strikes by Moscow.
Electricity had been returned to over 800,000 citizens by Saturday and the major private energy company stated the key operations to repair the grid was complete though partial blackouts continued.
Air Defence Efforts and Drone Jamming
The Ukrainian air defences neutralized 54 of 78 total enemy drones sent targeting the country during the night, the military said on the weekend.
The Russian defense officials stated it shot down 42 UAVs from Ukraine over the country's airspace.
Cuba Refutes Allegations of Deploying Soldiers to the War
The Cuban government on the weekend refuted US allegations it has deployed military personnel to participate in the hostilities, while stating the government "are without accurate details about individuals" engaged "independently" or "in the military forces of both sides".
The government department in Havana announced 26 nationals had been convicted to prison terms from 5 to 14 years for mercenary activity since last September when reports emerged of individuals being sent to the front in the conflict.
I Want to Live Initiative Discloses Details on Cuban Involvement
I Want to Live, a official Kyiv initiative that promotes adversaries to surrender, stated in spring: "We reliably know the personal data of 1,028 Cubans who entered into agreements with the Moscow's troops in 2023-2024."
The government in Havana commented of Cuban nationals who might be engaged: "There is no doubt that not a single one possesses the encouragement, commitment, or consent of the Cuban state for their actions."
Relatives of Cubans who left for the Russian Federation in 2023 told news outlets at the time that their family members had been deceptively recruited through ads on digital networks.